Vangeliya Pandeva Gushterova (née Surcheva), more commonly known as Baba Vanga, was a Bulgarian mystic and herbalist. She was blind since she was a child, and spent most of her life in the Rupite area of the Kozhuh mountains. But she became famous in the 1960s and 1970s for her alleged abilities to see the future. Although she had passed away in 1996, she had made predictions for many future years, up until 5079. Unfortunately, the predictions for 2023 are not happy ones.
Baba Vanga’s Predictions for 2023
Her predictions allegedly include:
- World War III, or more particularly, a big country attacking others with biological weapons. Some people are already looking to Russia as a potential fulfiller of this prediction since Russian President Vladimir Putin has previously threatened nuclear warfare. 
- A solar storm or a solar tsunami that will drastically hurt the magnetic shield on Earth, leading to mass blackouts and technological failures.
- An alien attack, which will occur when the world is covered by darkness and millions of people will die as a result.
- The Earth’s orbit will “change” although it’s unclear how this will happen. But a change in orbit could mean going closer to the sun, causing increased temperatures, radiation, rising sea levels, and melting glaciers. But moving away from the sun could mean more hours of darkness and a potential ice age.
- A nuclear explosion in a power plant will release clouds of chemicals over the continents, leading to serious diseases in many countries. There’s already a genuine fear of this disaster occuring in Ukraine since Russia is occupying the Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant. 
- Natural births will be banned and all people will be born in laboratories. So leaders will decide on the traits and physical appearance of all babies. 
Becoming a Famous Soothsayer
Baba Vanga became known as a soothsayer after she got swept into a tornado when she was twelve. Her eyes were badly injured and she couldn’t open them without excruciating pain. Soon after, she began making predictions, saying the incident has given her soothsaying abilities. People began to visit her home, especially those desperate for news during the second world war. As her acclaim increased, the Bulgarian government put her on the payroll in 1966 because of her “psychic ability.” After her death, myths and stories about her life began to spread. Hundreds of mourners attended her funeral, and her last home became a memorial museum.
She never wrote down her predictions, which casts some doubt on the sayings attributed to her. So although many of her prophecies have circulated, it’s unclear which “Baba Vanga” predictions were truly her words or which were invented by other people. They all tend to be vague, so they can be interpreted to fit different events. Nevertheless, her followers stand by the predictions she allegedly said, even claiming she predicted 9/11, the rise of ISIS, and the sinking of Kursk, the Russian submarine.
More Predictions by Baba Vanga
Her 2022 predictions had involved a lethal virus from Siberia, locusts causing famine in India, an alien invasion from an asteroid called “Oumuamua,” shortages of drinking water, and natural disasters including floods in Australia and Asia. The last two seemed to have come to pass, with this year’s droughts in Italy and Portugal, as well as floods in Australia and Asia. Her future predictions allegedly include Europe becoming mostly desolate in 2025, people discovering a new power source and walking on Venus in 2028, and sea levels rising in 2033. Furthermore, time travel will exist in 2288, humanity will abandon Earth in 3797, people will discover the secret to immortality in 4599, and in 5078, humanity will leave the universe as we know it. 
Here are some examples of her famous but vague predictions. For instance, in 1989, she allegedly said, “American brethren will fall after being attacked by steel birds… innocent blood will be gushing”. Many people claim this was about the 9/11. Furthermore, she said the Kursk would be “covered with water and the whole world will weep over it” in 1999, although the sinking occurred in 2000. She also allegedly predicted the 44th American President would be Black. Her followers claim she predicted the 2016 Brexit vote based on her claim that Europe would “cease to exist” by 2017. Many Bulgarian and Soviet scientists had studied Vanga and her abilities during her life and concluded she had an 85% success rate. Hopefully that percentage will include her prediction for world hunger ending in 2028. 
Keep Reading: Fortune Teller Nostradamus has made five chilling predictions for 2023
- “Will Russia use nuclear weapons? Putin’s warnings explained.” Reuters. Guy Faulconbridge. October 5, 2022
- “Russia using Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant as army base – Ukraine.” BBC News. Hugo Bachega. August 8, 2022
- “From World War 3 To Solar Tsunami, Here Are Baba Vanga’s Shocking 2023 Predictions.” India Times. Sumedha Tripathi. November 1, 2022.
- “Baba Vanga 2023 predictions–Five ‘prophecies’ by mystic who ‘foresaw 9/11’ from nuclear disaster to solar tsunami.” The Sun. Henry Holloway. September 18, 2022
- “The Balkan Nostradamus Who Predicted Chernobyl and 9/11.” History.