microwave

YouTuber Almost Dies After Cementing His Head Inside A Microwave

You might have a favorite influencer or YouTuber you follow on social media (it’s ok, you can admit it). Some can be inspirational, silly, mean, or just downright moronic just to get likes. This YouTuber may fall into the latter category as he managed to lodge his head inside a microwave. Not only getting it ‘stuck’ but stuck with quick-drying cement. Something that was meant to be a harmless idea turned into something that went horribly wrong. All for the sake of going viral. Ironically, this very article might be throwing fuel on the viral fire.

In case you still don’t believe us, yes, he lodged his head inside a microwave

YouTubers have been known to do just about anything to get people to like and subscribe to their videos. In addition to saying just about anything to make others want to watch their videos. Jimmy Swingler is a 22-year-old YouTuber and decided that the best way to do this is was to cement his head inside a microwave. Even though this happened in 2017, this story still serves as a reminder for influencers and YouTubers that there is a price to pay when you do idiotic things.

Advertisement

With his friends’ help, Swingler took a microwave and filled it with seven bags of Polyfilla, a quick-drying cement product. Luckily, Swingler used a plastic bag as a head covering and a plastic tube to breathe through while his head was cemented inside the microwave. What they didn’t plan on was his head actually getting stuck in the cement that quickly. After laughing from struggling to get the microwave off his head, they quickly realized the gravity of this situation. Swingler was in trouble and needed professional emergency assistance as soon as possible. Luckily, first responders arrived just in time.

Advertisement

Was It Worth The Subs And Likes?

Swingler’s idea for this was to have a mold of his head, trying to create a hat out of the microwave that he could take on and off whenever he wanted. However, this is obviously not what he had in mind for this concept. His friends struggled relentlessly trying to get the microwave off of him. They couldn’t budge it at all without doing any harm to Swingler in the process. After a few more moments of struggle, Swingler was beginning to suffocate. Putting his life in danger as the cement was dry and solid at this point. Without the help of the plastic bag and straw, this could’ve gone a whole other direction.

Advertisement

They all realized that this was a job for the fire department to come to save the day. Arriving within minutes after the phone call, 5 firefighters took an hour and a half to get the microwave off Swingler’s head.

Advertisement

Shaun Dakin of the West Midlands Fire Service’s states how dangerous this could’ve been for Swingler. “Could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured.” Also, explaining that this was a huge waste of time for them as there are people who are in actual need of help where this time spent helping Swingler out of a microwave could’ve been used for a real emergency. Which should serve as a reminder for influencers and YouTubers not to do stupid things like this. He should be very grateful for the aid he received as he was practically almost dead without it. (1)

Advertisement

Not Putting Your Head Inside A Microwave

You would think that you would never have to say these words to somebody. However, in today’s society influencers have been known to do a variety of unintelligent things, like putting their head inside a microwave. Swingler’s video went viral and recieved over a million views, and even made the national news. The publicity that gave this video so much attraction was all thanks to news outlets that covered this as a news worth story. There are far too many stories like this in our world where influencers have been seen doing the worst things imaginable.

Advertisement

You could even say the same for influencers such as Logan Paul. An influencer and YouTuber who recorded himself walking through an infamous ‘suicide forest’ in Japan near Mount Fuji. Known as Aokigahara, Logan Paul posted a video that had a dead body in it which caused outrage. This also happened to take place in 2017, this must’ve been the year for stupidity for influencers. As a result of this video, Paul had lost a 3.5 million deal and has been sued for the video by the production company Planeless Pictures.

Advertisement

Here, the moral of the story is that there is a limit for YouTubers and influencers of the like. Not only should they not put their own lives at risk, like putting their head inside a microwave. They also should be aware of the kind of people they’re going to attract by posting certain videos. Being mindful and having respect for certain places in the world is tantamount to being an actual inspirational influencer. Hopefully, future internet stars will see these two people’s errors and avoid recreating anything like what they have done.

Advertisement

Keep Reading: The Man Who Drank Radioactive Juice Until His Bones Crumbled And His Jaw Came Off

Advertisement

Sources:

  1. This YouTuber Cemented His Head Inside a Microwave and Almost Died. VICE. Drew Schwartz. 2017.
  2. YouTuber Logan Paul is sued over ‘suicide forest’ video.” NBC News. Kalhan Rosenblatt. December 2020.
Cody Medina
Freelance Writer
Cody was born on the western slope of Colorado. In his high school career, Cody was nominated and awarded the Amazing Youth Leadership Award by the HRC for establishing one of the first Gay Straight Alliances which then inspired the creation of several other GSAs on the western slope. Cody’s interest in environmentalism stemmed from that experience as well. Cody now resides in Oregon with his partner and beloved animals. He enjoys hiking, camping, running, climbing, watching movies, writing, reading, walking his dog, driving to the ocean, and hanging out with his friends when possible.
Advertisement